Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pumpkin Goodness

To me, fall seems like a time for coziness and baking. Even though the weather is getting colder, it is a time for warmth and closeness. The original craziness that came with the beginning of the fall season has started to relax. Finally, there is time for baking and playing games and finally getting those curtains for our apartment. What a joy it is to be able to breathe enough to get those little pleasures back into our lives.

This past weekend, I was able to bake a batch of pumpkin bread. The smell of it pervaded our apartment for the entire duration of Sunday afternoon and evening. It was heaven.

Today, in school, some of my 5th grade students were able to 'hunt out' scribble monsters. You would have thought I had sent them on a real adventure to the Safari. (Maybe I will try to post a picture of one later). What a joy it is to take time soaking up simple pleasures in life.

No comments: