
On Sunday, Jed and I were able to check out the Chicago Marathon. It was an incredible experience. We had never seen anything like it before. Thinking traffic and crowd control would not be that bad, we drove to Wrigleyville, flashing the hazards allowing us to get a coffee. Little did we know, it would take us quite some time to find a parking spot of our own. We ended up thinking we had a spot close to the 7-eleven. I asked the people if they were leaving, and obviously not understanding the ways of Chicago, they gave me a strange look...hmm...why would I be asking them for a parking spot? They were taking their dear sweet time, and finally Jed and I gave up and went in search for another spot. We finally found one, and we then quickly hurried over to the hoards of people crowded around the 7/8 mile marker.
The runners could only be equated in my mind to Salmon swimming all at once in a river. They were all just flowing along and along and it seemed to last forever. We thought we had no chance of seeing our friends, Donkey, Andy, Beth, and Erin. Amazingly enough, we saw them through the sea of people. Way to run! All 4 finished successfully, and Jed and I are so proud of all of the runners who took part in that challenging event. Way to run!
2 comments:
Hey Marathon viewers, Anne and Jed!
You are to be congratulated for your determinatiion to get to the marathon with all the obstacles you encountered! And then to get to actually SEE your friends in the race is amazing! Glad you kept warm in your long underwear, Anne. And, thanks for getting me set up with a blog so I can comment on your site. Supposin' I'd like to actually write entries...how do I do that? Get me started!
I love marathons Anne! They are SO fun to watch and inspiring too...I only wish that I could have the dedication and determination to do one...maybe someday. I'll have to add it to the list. Let's chat soon!
Post a Comment