Jed and I went to New York earlier this fall sans our kids. What a treat!
I've decided that I am have a new love - Central Park. Jed and I both found our Central Park outing day to be a favorite.
The weather was beautiful, and I could not get over how many nooks and crannies and adventures there were to be had inside this HUGE space inside the city. In fact, I think that I would go back to New York just to hang out in Central Park for a week.
Here, we found a castle inside the park with different levels and balconies to catch a view of the city. Gorgeous!
We visited the math museum. I had high hopes originally (after seeing it featured on CBS Sunday morning a while back), but based on reviews I braced myself for disappointment. There were a few hidden gems and cool parts (visually seeing the Pythagorean Theorem represented, monkey/dinosaur magnets that form tessellations, gravity/force car races, and riding on a bike with square wheels on a rounded track were all highlights) but many other parts seemed like they needed some tweaking/fixing in order to be more up to snuff.
The 9/11 Memorial was quite the experience as well. This was well done and symbolized thoughtfully the magnitude of this tragedy.
Away from our kidlets, we still saw them in the strangest places. See what I mean?
On the last day, the weather began to turn towards rain and cold, but we found a cozy path and bridge to meander along.
Thanks to all for allowing this trip to New York to happen. We couldn't have done it without you!


No comments:
Post a Comment