While I was completely unsuspecting, I set up Ellie to eat her lunch of waffles, fastening her and providing her with the typical protective bib. Jed and I had already eaten, and we had some formerly frozen fruit to put on our waffles, and so we gave some to Ellie as well.
Jed and I began to work on cleaning up the kitchen, emptying the diswasher and such, and upon looking over at our dear girl, we saw the makings of messiness at work.
Did we take the fruit away at that point like we should have? No. We figured what's a little more mess if she was already a little messy? Right?
In the mean time, Ellie began to get up close and personal with the fruit, rubbing it in her hair, glopping it on the floor, and smearing it on her face. Yikes! It looked as though we had given her mounds of fruit instead of a measly 6 or 7 small pieces.
In order to clean off this disaster, I put Ellie with clothes AND bib still on into the bathtub immediately (if not sooner) after snapping some of these pictures.
Here's to a happy Saturday!



3 comments:
The waffles were yummy, so I can see why she got into them! Thanks for having us over earlier...loved seeing you guys!
Hi Anne - just had to comment. Is this a preview of what the first birthday [cake] might be like? Ellie is such a cutie and I enjoy catching glimpses of her here and via your mom. We now have a grandson who is 6 mos. younger than Ellie, watching her gives us a preview of what might be coming. Merry Christmas to you and all who are dear to you ... Sandi Oatley
Thank you, Sandi, for your comment! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!
Post a Comment