
In anticipation of our little girl due to arrive in January, we are continuing to get things ready around the house. My dad came over to help paint the baby's room this past Saturday. At this point, the painting is almost done, but you'll have to wait in suspense to see the finished product.
Last night was time for us to completely empty out our kitchen for renovations to begin starting today. It was so strange for me to be packing up and moving downstairs boxes full of our bakeware, everyday dishes and silverware, pots and pans, and other random appliances that we will be doing with out until the kitchen is finished.


For now, we have a temporary kitchen set up in our dining room. The fridge will soon be moved out there as well.
Though I am really excited for the final product of what the kitchen will look like, I can't help but be a little sad to have everything put away. This also means that there will be no baking or cooking for the next few months at our house. As I really enjoy baking and Christmas is just around the corner, this makes me a little melancholy thinking about this as well. And let's just face it, a microwave and a toaster oven are just not the same as a regular oven.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see the finished product! I'm sure it will be beautiful and well worth the wait...next Christmas you'll have to do double baking. We'll have a baking day and put the kids in a playpen together!
I can't wait to see the change!! Renovations are always so much fun.
Also, you can come bake at my place if you are really craving it. I doubt I will be doing much baking for lack of time and energy. We can unite and get it done!
It's going to be wonderful to have an updated kitchen! Good Luck!
Please come here and bake, bake bake away. We can share your goodies nicely.
Post a Comment