Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Cat Just Ate What?

Jed and I were out tonight, and when we came back Oliver made a bee-line for my coat pocket. The only thing that I had in my pocket was a pack of gum, and of course we were curious if that was what Oliver was really after.


Sure enough, when we took out the packet of gum and placed it on the floor, Oliver immediately began impaling it with his teeth in a ravenous quest to get through to the minty freshness on the inside.




Not wanting Oliver to swallow any of the foil, we then figured we might as well see what he would do with a stick of gum. Don't worry, we only let him try it for a few seconds. But, later after we took it away from him, he went right back to my coat pocket to sniff out if there was anything else in there.



What a crazy cat!

He has done some stuff like this before with bags of tea (especially the mint kinds), and we are starting to wonder if there is something about the flavor mint that some cats go crazy for. Of course, we are also open to the possibility that perhaps it really is just Oliver that is crazy for liking it as much as he does.

5 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

So funny!

Lindahl News 2 said...

How hilarious our Grandkitty is!

Remember how I told you about how he went after those tea boxes/bags on our pantry door?? And that he climbed the shelf to get at them?

I'm convinced: He is a one-of-a-kind feline!!!!

Unknown said...

What a considerate cat! He just doesn't want to offend you with bad breath! :)

Alli said...

Oliver! What a crazy guy.

Heather and Spencer said...

Hilarious! I'm going to go see if either of my cats are attracted to mint! :)