Sunday, March 29, 2009

Backyard Garden

Along with the responsibilities that come along with our house comes the thoughts of what we might want our yards to look like. We decided to go to the Navy Pier Flower and Garden Show a few weekends ago to get some ideas of what flowers we like and what artsy things we can do to make our yard cool and functional.

We had an amazing view from the roof of the parking garage where we parked for the day.














A picture of us at the front of the show.













These flowers had not only beautiful color, but they were very fragrant as well.














We really liked this lattice design, and we thought that something like this might go well in front of our garage in the backyard.













We got some really good ideas, but we are always up for hearing more about any backyard tips. Let us know if you have any ideas!

6 comments:

Amy and Andrew said...

Looks like you've got some great ideas in the works. Isn't great to be planning for spring?!

Lindahl News 2 said...

I LOVE that backyard trellis thing!

Can you imagine all the fun Oliver would have climbing it if you planted mint around it?

Sarah said...

After visiting this weekend, I know that you have a way with plants, girlfriend! I need to get some of that Jade.

Jed and Anne said...

Thanks you guys! We are really excited that Spring is almost coming!

Sarah, don't worry, I'll hook you up with some Jade soon. I have to ask my brother where to slice it from the big plant for the best results. :)

Alli said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see your yard this summer!

Ingrid said...

Hyacinths are some of my favorite perennials. So my bias says you should definitely get some of those. The purple hyacinths you took a picture of are great. I like the blue, which has a little richer of a color. Oh Anne, I'm so jealous that you have a yard!