I don't know about you all, but I don't actually love shopping at larger stores. Honestly, I get slightly overwhelmed by the size and the ground that I need to cover. Deep down, I know that I don't actually have to cover all of the given ground, but somehow I feel like I will forget about something if I don't look through everything first. My strategy in almost any store big or small is this. Go in the store. Get a cart or a basket or not. Make it a goal to make a loop around the perimeter. Better yet, go up and down every or almost every isle while going around the loop around the store. No wonder it takes me such a long time - sheesh.
Also another shopping strategy of mine: If I see something that was not on my list, but I want to think about for a little while, I hold onto it for the remainder of the looping around the store. 9 times out of 10, I later convince myself that I really don't need that item, and I usually put it back where I found it at the end, feeling very proud of myself for not being suckered into buying it after all.
That brings me to the dollar section of Target. Oh boy, I can be stuck there for a while. Mostly, I just look at all of the things and imagine what creative and crafty was that I can use some of these items to do or create something cool. But then I realize that I probably wouldn't have enough time to do something with it anyway, and it would probably just end up in a corner collecting dust for a while until I almost totally forget about it altogether.
A few weeks ago, I was in the dollar section at Target and I found a black warm up/jacket vest with faux white fur around the collar. I pictured coming home and dressing up our dear Oliver in it, seeing what his reaction would be with this stylish piece. This time, I couldn't resist.
I brought home the jacket for Oliver and Jed and I had ourselves a few chuckles watching Oliver try to get around and act relaxed. Apparently, he would rather go sans clothes than with. Considering he is a cat and has a lovely coat already, I don't blame him.
Needless to say after no more than 10 minutes, Oliver had had enough, and we took the jacket off of him and continued to get more chuckles from him as he began to attack the jacket and walk around with it in his mouth like a prized toy. Silly guy! We also woke up the next morning and amazingly the jacket had made it up the stairs and was waiting for us when we opened the door.
Oliver has since reluctantly modeled the jacket on a few other occasions, and after all this, I have to say that that day wandering around Target was probably about the best unintentional find and purchase I had in a while. Thanks Target for the cheap and easy entertainment that you provided for our household. Now, if you don't mind, I will probably have to keep myself out of your doors for a bit in order to avoid random wandering for a while.
3 comments:
This one found me laughing out loud!
Don't you just wish you had a camera filming what Oliver was up to when you were out of the house...or while you were sleeping? Something tells me he is up to all sorts of antics! Maybe one day, he will REALLY surprise you by showing up with the little coat on him, and you'll wonder how in the world he did that. Hey, if he can fetch, surely he can learn how to dress himself!!
You should get Jed one of those. He and Oliver could match!
I love Target too Anne and feel the same way sometimes, wandering aimlessly, looking at the good deals, wondering what I must have and what I will do with such things.
I agree with Amy, you should get one of those jackets for Jed! :)
Post a Comment