
Here are the details:
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
These are the rules for The Smile Award.
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by .
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Here's what she wrote http://www.thelindahls.blogspot.com/:
Anne is the smiler I have known the longest from this list. Even as a wee one, her smile was infectious and her hearty laugh amazed those who heard it. She is a cheery gal with twinkling eyes as well and let's talk about loving children!!! To see her with a child is to see joy. She is the inspiration behind my own blog starting; she's quite an encouraging sort. Though she certainly learns from others, there are many who learn from her in her role as teacher and church counselor. Truly, she inspires me!
Thanks, mom, for the kind word and for giving me this award!
Here are my nominees:
Ingrid:
Ingrid was my very first friend at North Park, and she has been full of energy and life since the day that I met her. She is kind and light-hearted and has a spunk that draws others to her. Ingrid has creative, clever, and funny blogs that are a hoot to read and bring a smile to my face whenever I read them. She is a fabulous aunt who loves her nieces and nephew greatly. They are lucky to have her in their lives that's for sure.
Alli:
Alli inspires me daily to think outside of the box and to work to do better and be better everyday. Alli is a thoughtful person who is sweet and giving to others. I also love that she is up for doing crazy activities and trying out new things. I will never forget the night of the polka dot shirts and the clearly fake friend-napping out to White Hen or the game of scrabble with the made up words. Alli is fun to be around and makes me smile!
Courtney:
Courtney is always great at being up for anything, and she does it with a smile on her face. She has a great attitude and a contagious laugh and enthusiasm for life that spreads to others. It is a joy to work with her in high league. She is an excellent mom to two adorable boys, and in watching any interaction with her, one can know for certain how much she loves them.
Linnea J.:
Linnea has a gift at finding beauty/creating beauty out of things that you might not expect such as an old dresser, a blank canvas, beads, or a small slight of fabric. Linnea inspires me to be creative and to think about things in a different way. Linnea clearly loves kids! She has a daughter, Gwen, who is a hoot, and she is always quick to engage in play or taking care of a kid that needs it. She is thoughtful and sincere, and makes me smile just for being herself.
Kjersten:
Kjersten, also know as KJ ("Kah-Jay") is always one to greet people with a sincere hello with her face lighting up and a smile on her face. I so enjoyed walking by to greet her when she buzzed people into her office - as soon as she recognized me (and let me into the building) I felt welcomed and at ease. Kjersten cares deeply for others around her and in her life. She has a sweetie-pie puppy, Wrigley, who you can tell that she is crazy about. She loves life.
3 comments:
You are so kind to participate in this activity...you're wonderful and I love you!
P.S. We made it to our destination and it is raining...but don't worry. We're headed to the pool anyways. The octopus slide is calling our names!!
I feel so honored that you nominated me Anne!! My life has been so busy lately with midterms that I am just now catching up on my blog reading. I miss you and have been thinking about you lately! Hope you are well!!
Aw, thanks Anne! I am just now catching with my blog reading, too. Hope to see you soon! I got Season One of the This American Life TV series-maybe we should have a dinner or dessert/This American Life double date sometime soon.
Post a Comment