Monday, March 09, 2015

Visit to the Conservatory

This past weekend, we made a visit to the lovely Garfield Park Conservatory here in Chicago.  Boy, what a treat it was!

Upon walking in, we were greeted with lush, green leaves everywhere, and little pops of colorful flowers amidst the green made us feel like we were in full blown spring (and some rooms - summer!) This was the perfect retreat after a long (LONG!) winter.  We shed our coats and sweatshirts and enjoyed exploring in this beautiful environment.

There were "secret" paths to wander, hidden fruit in the trees to discover, and fragrant flowers to soak in.  Honestly, I don't know why we don't come here in winter more often.

There was even a children's room, complete with child-size wandering paths and a huge (relatively huge) slide for kids to play on. 

Fish Pond

Umbrella Room

Family Pic - Umbrella Room

Giggles with Daddy - Part One

Giggles with Daddy - Part Two

"I love this place!"

I'm sold!

2 comments:

Dooby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dooby said...

We love this place, too!