Saturday, March 22, 2014

Snow People



I am loving the artwork that E has been creating as of late.  While she has loved coloring and crafts in the past, she has been reluctant to "go rogue" and make her own creations.

She was on a kick a few weeks ago making these snow people.  This one was my favorite of the people.  Everything about it makes me smile when I see it.  The twinkling eyelashes, the bulbous ends to the ends of the snowflakes, and the buttons all lined up in a row make me think "this is so just Ellie."  Ellie sees the world with a Fancy Nancy lens, with flourishes, sparkles and fanciness.

It's fun to see these snowpeople fancified.  Especially with all the snow that we've had, it's nice to see a positive spin on the substance we aren't really wanting to see much of these days.

1 comment:

Dooby said...

I love, love, love, seeing her creativity shine through!