Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Sleeping Suzies

Jed and I can't help ourselves from peeking at the girls at least once before going to bed.  Jed usually likes to go before he himself gets ready for bed, while I save it up like a treat or reward for going through my whole bedtime routine.

There is nothing like a sleeping child to make you feel like all is well with the world.  It is in these moments where I get sentimental and want to scoop both of them into our bed to have them cozied up to us as we sleep.

How unrealistic would that be?  Having them in our bed would probably be the opposite of cozy.  Between M's sucking on her fingers and E's twittering around, the only ones actually getting any sleep would be them.

And so, I am left with just watching them.  Peacefully. Sleeping.  In all kinds of ways.

Sleep on ladies, sleep on.


No comments: