Although, the girls are nowhere near being at this stage of utter annoyance with one another, this shot of them that I took the other day reminded me of the cover of my beloved childhood book. What do you think? It's a stretch, I know.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Children's Book Alive Again
When I was a little girl, I loved the book, The Pain and the Great One by Judy Blume. In it, there was an older sister and a younger brother. Somehow (gee, I wonder why), I really related to this story. This story is told from the view point of both the sister and the brother. Each is convinced that their sibling is "the pain" and of course, see everything they themselves do as perfectly great and wonderful.
Although, the girls are nowhere near being at this stage of utter annoyance with one another, this shot of them that I took the other day reminded me of the cover of my beloved childhood book. What do you think? It's a stretch, I know.
We had our church rummage sale a few weeks ago now, and I, of course, didn't want to end up with lots of extra "junk & clutter" around. However, I realize that in bringing these new little toys home, we have mini new adventures, and there's nothing quite like first experiences being enraptured by a new toy (or two...or a bunch of trinkety-kitchen items...). I think that we are still like this as adults.
Although, the girls are nowhere near being at this stage of utter annoyance with one another, this shot of them that I took the other day reminded me of the cover of my beloved childhood book. What do you think? It's a stretch, I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment