At some point today, it hit me that I didn't have to go to night class anymore. I didn't have to do any scheduled readings or reflections. I don't have to do any more big projects or papers that consume my time and energy.
I've finished my masters. There, I said it.
At first when I started my masters program, it hadn't hit me that I really had started my masters. People would ask me "how's school?" and I would respond in regards to my day job and the classes that I was taking. It finally started to sink in.
Now, after 5 semesters (one being a summer "semester"), I'm done. I graduate on Saturday.
What do I do with myself with all this new, free time? I am having a taste of what I imagine it might feel to first be retired, though I do still have my job and the responsibilities that come with it. I feel a little free-er.
So far my extra time has consisted of getting to read more for pleasure than I have in a long time. It feels great.
I took a bike ride with my family tonight and spent time picking out new plants for the front of our house. Ellie wandered around the plant nursery saying that she wanted to smell ALL the flowers. How nice it was to be able to do those things without having to worry about the workload awaiting me when I got home.
I want to savor this moment of "freedom" and be proud of myself for finishing something that I set out to do. Thank you to those who supported me through this process; I couldn't have done it without you. I have some amazing listeners in my life who made it possible for keeping my sanity along the way.
5 comments:
congrats, anne!
Oh congrats, Anne! We need a phone date soon. I would love to hear about EVERYTHING! Hope all goes well as you graduate Saturday. I am proud to know you, friend!
Thank you! :)
We're so very very proud of you, Anne!!!
Grattis till examen! Bra jobbat! :) Kram
Post a Comment